Friday, October 30, 2009

Long Time, No See

It's been two weeks since I posted a new poem and a week and a half since I posted to the Twitter account. I've been sick the past few days, but that's not the reason I've been absent. I could blame it on being busy or any number of others things, but I won't. It's not a lack of poems or ideas for poems. No, it's simpler than that.

God told me to slow down.

I had been getting the feeling I was simply going through the motions with my poetry. Write, post, blog, write, post, blog, and so on. God confirmed this for me during one of the recent meditation sessions my husband and I have been doing. I needed to regain my focus and passion for what I was doing. I was no longer doing it for Him, but just to be doing it. There was no longer any grace on it and it was not succeeding.

So, I'm rethinking all the planning I've done (and frankly I should have known better than to plan months ahead) to see what exactly He wants for this ministry. And in His time I will return to it. That maybe tomorrow. That maybe six months from now. I suspect it will be sooner than later, but only He knows.

-----

Psalm 5:3 (NIV)

3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.