Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Unrest

I wrote two weeks ago that my world had been shaken a little bit. Apparently that was just the beginning of the shaking!

On the 11th, my husband fell in the snow taking out the trash and, unbeknownst to us for two days, broke his leg. He got a cast on the 13th and I began to baby him. However, that night as I came downstairs to go to bed, I missed the last step, and broke my toe! So I spent some time in the emergency room, got taped up and picked up some medicine on the way home.

That has obviously slowed me down, which is why I took last week off of blog, Twitter and Facebook. I figured we'd heal for a week and everything would be fine. Not exactly.

Our local IHOP (International House of Prayer) is having an internship for college students this semester. Three young men have signed up, only one of which has a place to live right now. They have left Indiana State and put everything in God's hands for the next several months.

Last week, we found out that if one of them did not move out of his dorm on Friday he wouldn't get a refund for the classes he dropped. Larry and I knew what we had to do, so the kids cleaned out their playroom and got it ready for this young man. In just the few days he's been here, our family has basically adopted him and he fits right in. This week we found out that another intern is on his way back down here and needs a place to stay, so we're scrambling now to find beds for these guys and get ready for another guest!

We also found out in the past couple days that a couple who are good friends of ours are going through some terrible turmoil. We have been in prayer for them, ready to support them whenever we can.

As if that's not enough, our family is in a bit of financial difficulty as well. My husband is self-employed and work has been slow lately. We're surviving, but that's about it right now.

But, it will all be okay. A friend prayed over us on Saturday, highlighting some Scriptures about God's promises. I don't know what it's going to look like, and I certainly don't always stay calm about it, but He will come through if we just trust him.

My book is coming along really well. Our first edit is almost done and I'm really liking what I see. There will be four sections of testimony from my life and whole bunch of my poetry inbetween them. It will be somewhere around 100 pages, and has a great cover designed by my husband. I'm praying it can make an impact on a lot of people.

So, given everything that's going on I would really appreciate your prayers. God is all powerful and all things are possible through Him.

Have a great week and God bless!