Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lost (John 14:6)

I don't really know how to introduce this poem. My husband told me it was the best thing I had ever written when I showed it to him. I can't even tell you how I wrote it, because honestly, I didn't. God took ahold of my pencil that night and guided my hand through every word. I've had a feeling of His presence when I was writing before, but never like this. God had His way with me. Mark Hall from Casting Crowns said once that he was writing songs he wasn't good enough to write, and now I know what he meant. These words aren't mine. They are His.

Speaking of Casting Crowns, their new album, Until the Whole World Hears, comes out in about a week. I won't push products here very often, but this album ... it is amazing. You can preview the whole thing at Yahoo Music right now and I would highly recommend that. I can tell you that this album will inspire many poems in the future, particularly 'At Your Feet' and 'Blessed Redeemer'.

Have a wonderful rest of your week and may God bless you all.