Monday, September 13, 2010

Different

What a difference a year makes ...

Last year, the day after my birthday, I was in tears, having been very badly hurt by someone in my family. I was full of skepticism and cynicism about people's well wishes. I was depressed and angry.

This year could not be more different. I feel so incredibly blessed to have spent time with my children, mother, brother and husband all day Saturday. And I get to look forward to celebrating again next month when my dad can come down.

"Different" is a poem about the struggle of being considered abnormal. Christians don't act the same, talk the same, live the same. Sometimes that isn't fun. Sometimes it's downright horrible. But if we are followers of Jesus, we have to be different. We are not of the world, just as Christ was not of the world.

I pray you all have a great week and if I can intercede for any of you, just let me know! God bless!