Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fork in the Road

I've been a poet for a large chunk of my life now. I've always loved reading and so reading poetry came naturally. For the last two years, it's been my clear calling from the Lord.

It seems however that I've reached a bit of a fork in that road now. I'd been wondering why the poetry had not been flowing like before. I chalked it up to the winter weather like last year and waited for the sun to come out again. But in the last week God has made it apparent that the reason the poetry isn't flowing is because that's not what he wants me to be writing at the moment.

Now, don't worry, I'm not abandoning the poetry. I still have a ton of ideas and desire to create poetry for God. Right now though, He's got me writing music. Well, lyrics anyway. My husband is handling the music side of things, which makes for an amazing partnership. Here is our first effort together that he posted on YouTube. I've added his channel to the YouTube sidebar to the left where you can see the videos as he posts them. Some of his music, which I highly recommend, is on there as well.

So for the time being that is where my concentration will be. I'm hoping that as the creativity flows for the music, I'll be able to get some poetry in as well, but we'll see. Thanks for sticking with me and I'll keep you up to date on everything. The book is still in the pipeline as is a brand new website. It's an exciting time!

Have a great week and may God's blessings rain down on you!