Monday, February 28, 2011

Unrelenting

I posted a new poem last week called "Unrelenting" which was born out of the song "You Won't Relent" by Misty Edwards from IHOP-KC. You can see a video of it performed live here on YouTube. It's also on her album, Relentless, available in a number of places. The verse that some of lyrics come from is Song of Solomon 8:6.

God loves us. God loves us passionately. God wants us, all of us. And He will ask us relentlessly to give Him everything in our lives. But He will never force anything. He will never stop pursuing us as His children, but He will never force us to love Him.

One of my favorite VeggieTales quotes is from "A Snoodle's Tale". The "Creator" is asked by the little Snoodle why he doesn't just make the other Snoodles love him. And the man replies, "A gift that's demanded is no gift at all." It makes me cry every time. If God wanted everyone to love Him, He could force us to do that. But He wants us to make that choice. He gave us freewill and gave up the chance for universal admiration when He did that. However, He will never stop trying to woo us to love Him.

My family and I would appreciate your prayers. We have all been sick with colds and such, and our son had another seizure this past week. We need healing!

I am still working on my book, with formatting well on its way. I am very pleased with the way it is coming together. I hope that poems, but more importantly the testimony, will bless a lot of women who have been through some of the same things I have.

If you have a prayer request, feel free to leave a comment, contact me on Facebook or Twitter, or send me an e-mail here. Have blessed week and may God watch over you all!